Re: OK, I want to join the PGP World, but need help.

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:00:46PM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:27:41AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >
> >     $ gpg --listkeys pecondon
> >

>   Only --list-keys works here. The gpg version is 1.2.3.
>

> > *SELF SIGN YOUR KEY*.
>

>   What is the importance of this? Why it is not done automatically?

I've just done --generate-key per Karsten's instructions, and when
I did --sign-key , I got a message saying that the key was already
signed. I suppose that this is a upgrade of pgp since Karsten was
in pgp school. It certainly appears that no harm was done by my
attempting to sign a key that had already been signed in my name
by the generate software.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com