Re: How to get away with small /var partition

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:17:08AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote

> You clearly haven't grasped the philosophy of Debian.  The above
> paragraph betrays a gross misunderstanding on your part.
>
> You *don't* "wipe and reinstall" to do a Debian upgrade.  You run:
>
>     # apt-get update; apt-get -u dist-upgrade
>
> ...and your packages are updated in place.
>
> No reboot necessary, with the exception of kernel updates, and IIRC a
> recommended restart (single-user was sufficient) for a really hairy libc
> update.

  It looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of un-learning of Redhat
in addition to learning Debian<g>.  Reminds me of The Firesign Theatre
comedy album... "Everything You Know is Wrong".

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Email users are divided into two classes;