Help w/Spamassassin via apt-get

I have a Debian woody system at home installed via http.

I apt-get'd exim, spamassassin, and uw-imap, but am having a heck of a
time trying to get spamassassin integrated with exim for proper spam
filtering/tagging.

The man pages haven't been helpful for me, nor has any web site.

I can't exactly figure out what the apt-get did, other than obtain
spamassassin.

If anyone can assist with helping me properly configure spamassassin
with my system, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Scott