Re: Help w/Spamassassin via apt-get

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 09:51:18AM -0500, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> I have a Debian woody system at home installed via http.
>
> I apt-get'd exim, spamassassin, and uw-imap, but am having a heck of a
> time trying to get spamassassin integrated with exim for proper spam
> filtering/tagging.
>
> The man pages haven't been helpful for me, nor has any web site.
>
> I can't exactly figure out what the apt-get did, other than obtain
> spamassassin.
>
> If anyone can assist with helping me properly configure spamassassin
> with my system, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I recommend starting with dman's excellent howto, which can be found
here:
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/

That'll help you get the tagging set up.
For filtering you need to either use exim's filtering options in your
.forward file, or look into an MDA such as procmail.

	Cheers!
--