Re: No mouse in gpm: Resolved-Sort Of

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 at 06:41 GMT, Mark Healey penned:

> After trying several different values in gpm.conf, on a wile hair, I
> decided to try bypassing my KVM switch.  That fixed it.
>
> This problem doesn't exist in Knoppix.
>
> It kind of sucks having an extra mouse on the table but I can live
> with that for a while.
>
> It looks like something determines that there is no mouse attached
> when it goes through the KVM.  Is anything I can do to fix this.

What brand of KVM switch, out of curiosity?

I have a Belkin 4-port switch, and when I used it to switch between a
windows and a debian machine, the windows machine was perfectly happy,
but the mouse pointer freaked out on the debian machine.  I ended up
having to log out to whatever-dm and back in again, or something stupid.

My understanding is that certain other KVM switches don't have this
problem, but I don't know which.

--
monique