Re: No mouse in gpm

Mark Healey wrote:

In an earlier attempt to get X running I was told to

If so, run "gpmconfig" and specify:
mouse location: /dev/psaux
mouse type: ps/2
repeat type: raw

For my generic ps2 type mouse.

I've done that and still no cursor.  I booted knoppix and it detected
the generic ps2 mouse at /dev/psaux and it worked correctly.

What do I check next?

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel

Just to verify; you are looking for a cursor in the _console_? Not a terminal window within X?

Try "cat /dev/psaux" and move the mouse around; you should get a bunch of garbage on the screen (ctrl-c to quit - your screen may freeze and/or the text become unreadable; if so, try blindly typing "reset"). This verifies that the mouse is on /dev/psaux. Also, when you run "gpmconfig", you should get an option to test your settings; answer "Yes" and move the mouse around; you should see a cursor (ctrl-d to quit the test).

Is this a stock kernel, or did you roll your own? If you rolled your own, I suspect you're missing psaux mouse support.

--
Kent