Re: newbie boot log question

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 10:08:50AM -0800, bstil@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello, I want to review the lines and lines of text that printout
> during startup, but they quickly scroll off the screen.
>
> Are they logged in a file or files in /var/log or somewhere else?

Yes. Sometimes subsquent kernel messages will fill the "ring" buffer and
the messages stored early in startup will be losted.  The startup
messages are preserved in /var/log/dmesg.  Check there if you don't find
what you are looking for when you run dmesg.

--
The sky is blue so we know where to stop mowing.
		-- Judge Harold T. Stone