Re: Cups Problem

Hello Thomas!

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:48:46PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
My printer is suddenly not available and both lpstat -p and lpadmin -p ep -E result in the message

/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcups.so.2)

I am running the testing distribution and apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade show it is completely up to date.
dpkg -l shows libgnutls5 0.8.8-2 and libgnutls7 0.8.9-2 are installed.

What must I do to fix this problem?

It looks like the dependencies of cupsys are slightly outdated.
You can try to install libgnutls7 from unstable now which will also
pull in libopencdk4 or wait until it will trickle into testing by
itself.

But are you sure this is what made your printer unavailable? I had
mine working just fine despite this message...

HTH,
Flo