Re: eject command for normal users and some other stuff

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 at 00:34 GMT, H S penned:
[trials and tribulations snipped]

> Okay, I am going to take this step by step because I have many issues
> unresolved. I am connected to the internet through an ADSL modem (use
> "pon dsl-provider" to get online). But how do I make a normal user
> able to connect using dsl-provide? At present, only root can do that.
>
> Next, for some reason, "eject" command is also root only? How do I
> make normal user also be able to use that as well?

I'm sorry that things have been so tough so far!

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but you could configure sudo
to allow users to run pon and eject, and any other app you want.  The
catch is that you will have to give that user's password whenever you
run sudo.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.