x-window-system-dev for installing X-Window includes?

I'm attempting to compile the GPLed 2.2.0 beta of TheKompany's Rekall and
the configure script halts with a failed check for 'X includes'.
Searching aptitude for likely packages sources for X includes (this means
C header files, right?) I found the meta package x-window-system-dev but
this seems to be for installing a complete X window development
environment and really overkill for this.

Is there a more specific package for X includes?

Andrew Malcolmson