Re: Newbie installation query

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:51:18AM -0800, Stephen A. Witt wrote:

> apt-get also works fine, you just don't get the feedback of the effect of
> adding/removing a package that you get with dselect, but of course it
> does the same conflict/dependency resolution.

With the -s option for apt-get you can preview what packages will be
removed or installed (and configured), so that dselect-like feedback
is available.  Use apt-cache show to get information about any of the
packages, and I think the end result is equivalent to what you get from
dselect, if a bit more hands-on.

Ken

--
Ken Irving, Research Analyst, fnkci@uaf.edu, 907-474-6152