Re: X Won't Start

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:44:14 -0600, Kent West wrote:

>Mark Healey wrote:

><snippage here and elsewhere>

there to my hd and reboot.  I did that.  X started but with no

>>>Get out of X11 to a plain text screen.
>>>

>>Since X won't start that isn't a problem.
>>

>>>Move the mouse. Do you see a white cursor block moving around on the screen?
>>>

>>No.
>>

>>>If you do, then you have gpm installed/running. If not, then no gpm.
>>>

>>Appearantly I have no gpm.  I was surprised when I had no text mode
>>mouse but figured that it was something I could use.
>>
>>Is this somethihg I might be able to install?
>>

>Yes. "apt-get install gpm".

Did that, still no cursor.

Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.