Help: Xfree and P4 with hyperthreading - CRASH

Hello debian-user,

I have installed a Debian Woody with a 2.4.22 kernel taken from Debian
unstable on a Intel 865 mainboard with a Pentium4 processor with
hyperthreading support.

The kernel is configured as SMP and it can see the two "virtual"
processors correctly. Everything works but X crashes the PC completely,
when it starts or when it stops, randomly.

I have a Matrox G400 card, with agpgart and mga support compiled as
modules.

I have tried also disabling DRM, unloading modules, and running X. It
still crashes.

I have searched google and found absolutely nothing, not only one person
having the same problem I am experiencing.

Can someone help? Does someone have a similar configuration running (or
crashing like mine)?

Thanks a lot.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi