Re: Keine Umlaute auf der Konsole

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 13:07, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> Urg... sorry should have been posted in debian-user-german.

Na,na,na... auch hier gibt's Leute, deren Muttersprache nicht englisch
ist.

> > > auf der Konsole werden äöü etc. nicht dargestellt. Was muss ich tun um
> > > das zu beheben?

First, start tasksel or aptitude and install the task 'german
environment'. I prefer aptitude for the job, because this allows me to
unselect a few packages I'm sure I'll never need.

During installation, debconf will ask you wether you want to set german
as the standard language throughout the system. If you want umlauts in
filenames, this is perhaps the way to go. Alternatively, you may (as
user) run set-language-environment.

cu,
Schnobs