Re: xmms with icewm

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:13:27 +0000
Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just deleted Gnome and moved to icewm.  I realised that I don't really
> use any gnome programs, and everything's much slicker now.
>
> I've noticed that the "show on all desktops" setting in the xmms menu
> doesn't appear to work in ice.  Anyone know why, and how to fix it?  I
> can do an Alt-F2, the ice command to show on all desktops, but that
> only works for the main window, not the playlist.

Not really an answer, just a thought about a slightly different way to
do it...

I don't really like taking up that much space on each of my desktops,
but I do like being able to get to that program easier than most, so my
solution has been to right click and select Tray Icon - Exclusive. It
gives me a nice little icon down by my clock that I can click from any
desktop and it then takes me to the desktop where xmms is active.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Another name for a Windows tutorial is "crash course"!