Re: mutt - saving message to disk (not mail folder)

* Jonathan Dowland (jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk) [031119 13:22]:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 02:53:18PM -0500, iain d broadfoot wrote:
> > * Micha Feigin (michf@post.tau.ac.il) wrote:
> > > How do I save a mail message to disk with mutt? I want to save it to
> > > disk, not another mail folder (saving to a different mail folder appears
> > > quite clearly in the docs but couldn't find save to disk).
> >
> > hit '|' type 'cat > filename'
> >
> > that's what i did earlier today, when I couldn't figure it out either.
> > :D
>
> You could also press 'v' to see attachments and save it from there, but
> that clips headers.

Speaking of clipping the headers, make sure that pipe_decode is unset if
you're using the pipe to save it (assuming you want the full, raw
message, including headers).  The mutt default is no, but ISTR it being
set in /etc/Muttrc in the debian packages.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/