Re: Re: Monitor flashes/flickers during install

Thanks... you pointed me in the right direction.  I did a search on google on how to disable the framebuffer and found the following suggestion:

You have to pass the
video=vga16:off option when booting the kernel you choose. That is,
after the welcome message of the installation program, type either "bf24
video=vga16:off" or "idepci video=vga16:off" if you prefer to use a
2.2.20 kernel.

I tried this and the installation screen comes up successfully.  Thanks again for your help!  Hopefully the installation will go smoothly from this point.

Do you Yahoo!?