Re: migration from RedHat to Debian, general question about Debian (dpkg, kernel, config)

Mark Roach wrote:
On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 10:36, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Valentine Kouznetsov wrote:

[...]

package and have file /usr/bin/my. Is is possible to
figure out using dpkg or similar tool to which package
/usr/bin/my belong to. On RedHat I just invoke rpm -qf
/usr/bin/my and get back package name.

Fram the man page:

dpkg -L | --listfiles package ...
        List files installed to your system from package.

I think he is actually looking for "dpkg -S /usr/bin/my"

Good catch.  I copied the wrong lines (I recently changed my
keyboapd layout and am relearning to type, and making lots of
mistakes.

-Roberto