package confusion (Was: Debian for enterprise)

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:44:17PM -0800, Joe Rhett wrote:

> > > I saw this recommended, and I tried it ... and never got anything.  Even
> > > when testing had a higher priority, it never saw the updated packages.
> > > ..using apt-get by hand, as dselect confused me, er itself really :-(
> > >
> > > Are you using a specific package manager that gave you more control?
> > >

> > I didn't see Joe Rhett entire post, so sorry if you already did this.
> > But try doing an 'apt-get update' before you do the apt-get upgrade.
>
> I did that.  I thought I said that in my post, but maybe not.  I understand
> the update thing, really ;-)

I checked the archives and this seemed to be a different thread then
the original subject indicated, so I changed the subject.

Though I am a little confused about what exactly is your problem as
the thread issues kinda blur, I think you are doing:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -u

and never get any updates?  Post your /etc/apt/sources.list file.  If
I'm wrong and totally off the wall, I would suggest starting a new
thread with an accurate subject.

  Sven