Re: alien / radeon 9600 graphics card probs

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 07:46:31PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Dan Davison wrote:
> >I have downloaded a driver for an ATI radeon 9600 graphics card from ati's
> >website. They provide it as a .rpm file and suggest that debian users use
> >alien to convert it to a .deb. I did

Google for "flgrx and debian" -- on a site something.libero.it you'll
find a guy has packaged (an old version) for debian.

It's fairly straightforward to hack his scripts for any version.  They
download the RPM, a readme file, and a bugs file from a web site --
comment it out.  Then download the rpm, readme, and bugs files from
ATI's site, and edit the debian/rules file to point to those.  There's a
variable for the driver version to change, and you also need to edit
other files in debian/control to get the version right.

It's not hard once you do it once.