Re: Exim 3.35 and some e-mail addresses

Hello Kordula!

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:41:59AM +0100, Kordula Martin wrote:
I have Woody installed with Exim 3.35 and most everything seems to be fine, but I cannot deliver mail to an address like anybody@eds.com for example. At least I get a return message from eds.com:

  <mailto:webmaster@eds.com>webmaster@eds.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<<mailto:webmaster@eds.com>webmaster@eds.com>: host ah.eds.com [192.85.154.77]: 550 5.7.1 <<mailto:webmaster@eds.com>webmaster@eds.com>... Mail from 80.139.141.133 refused by RBL, RSS, or DUL, please see <http://www.mail-abuse.org>www.mail-abuse.org, sender is <mailto:robert@kormar.net>robert@kormar.net

Hm, I don't mean to offend you, but did you actually check
http://www.mail-abuse.org/ ?

Somewhere somebody seems to be thinking I'm sending abusive mail.?
Mail to other addresses like hotmail.com or gmx.net and gmx.de arrive, but almost always as "junk mail", no matter what I put in the subject field or message body.

Does anybody have an idea what I need to do, to get my mail delivered properly/appropriately?

It looks to me as if you are trying to send your mail directly from
your computer, but the IP address you are sending from is listed in a
dial-up user list (DUL).
Unfortunately those IPs are often used for spamming, so many ISP don't
accept mail from these anymore or at least mark it as spam.

Try setting up your exim to use a smarthost, there were just recently
several postings about this on the list.

HTH,
Flo