Re: Please, no GUI boot.

Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

> Mihalis I. Tsoukalos wrote:
>> or use update-rc.d to remove them from the boot procedure.
> Damn. Now I find out. I always have done that by hand!

Using 'rm' to remove the boot-time links if you have a service you
sometimes want around is probably better anyways.  If nothing else,
the canonical invocation ('update-rc.d -f remove service') will cause
the rc.d symlinks to be reinstalled the next time the packages is
upgraded, which isn't what you want; removing /etc/rc2.d/S99xdm but
leaving the other links doesn't result in this.

	-- Abra Mitchell