Re: kernel patch question

Hello Richard!

Sorry, I saw this post of yours too late to include in my previous
message.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:30:07PM +0000, Richard Kimber wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:36:34 +0100
Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:

Patches won't be automatically uninstalled, quoting 'man make-kpkg':
|Please note that the patches are UN-installed from the source when you
|run the clean target.  This cleanup can be prevented by setting the
|environment variable NO_UNPATCH_BY_DEFAULT

So don't forget to run 'make-kpkg clean' before attempting a
recompile, which incidentally is just what '5.6. Making the kernel
image' from above doc recommends.

Actually, I've just repeated the process to check I was doing it
correctly, and the patches continue to fail, despite a prior 'make-kpkg
clean'

I've submitted a bug.

Regardings these circumstances this just seems appropriate by now.

Thanks,
Flo