How to Install new Font(s) with Defoma

Hi,

How to install some new fonts with Defoma? I pick some fonts from
windowz and wants it to be installed. I've put the new fonts under
/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/fonts (I create folder 'fonts') and it
seems I already can use the fonts for my dektop setting.

Unfortunetly, I can't use it for my Mozilla browser. Is mozilla browser
taking its fonts not from defoma? I've read a doco, it show me how to
install fonts to X11, but when I execute command:
'xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/fonts'
I got error:
X Error of failed request:  86
  Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Serial number of failed request:  8

Could somebody guide me here?
Thx,

Phillip.