LILO help please

I'm trying to recover from a hard drive failure on my main workstation.

I posted to this list the other day, and recieved some very helpful
replies, which I seem to have deleted, by mistak :-(

In any cas, I've replaced the disk, partioned it, adn restored all of the
files from an amanda backup. Now I need to make the disk bootable.

As, I recall, this involves booting from the rescue disk, and running liol,
but I cannot remeber the corect options, and the man page is confusing me.

I tried to search for the answer in the list archive, but I was unable  to
find it :(

So, could some kind solu help me, once more?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin