Re: What's the best package manager for single-package upgrades?#

> > The point I was making is that most of us have better things to do than
> > search more than 5 pages of google hits.  If the 'right places' to get
> > Debian applications were listed on the debian homepages, this wouldn't be
> > necessary. (more on this below)
>
> All of the "right" places already ARE listed on the Debian homepage.
> Sites like apt-get.org list all UNOFFICIAL packages which may very well
> kill your entire system or worse. Hence, they are intentionally NOT
> listed on debian.org.

Okay, so the real answer does come down to: Debian DOES NOT have a
framework for application management on production systems.  You're flying
by the seat of your pants, just like every other Linux distro.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett@Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.