Re: kde in "testing" ?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:19:52AM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 01:07:10PM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> > * Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com) wrote:
> > > Since when?  I haven't seen kde3 in sarge.
> >
> > It's there, all right, and so is KDE2.  Don't try to install KDE3 from
>
> You're right, there's a partial transition from kde2 to kde3 in sarge.
> Neither are usable if you install a new system now.  (unless you go to
> unstable)
>
> The testing scripts should keep this partial transition from making it into
> testing... Was it manually hinted?

Yes. Anthony Towns decided that it was better to get the KDE 3
transition started, since we're definitely going to need to have that
for the next release. If and when the KDE maintainers ever upload new
versions of things like kdebase, it should now be easier to get the
updates in.

It's definitely a problem blocking the release at the moment, of course.

Cheers,