Re: kde in "testing" ?

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:52:25PM +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2003 16:32, stan wrote:
> > I have several "testing" machines, when I try to do apt-get dist-upgrade on
> > them, they want to remove kde-base.
> >
> > This seems like a bad idea :-)
>
> Not really as long as kdebase is the only package to be removed. It's just a
> metapackage for easier installation of a whole lot of KDE components without
> any own functionality.

Well, actually I just picked kdebase as the obvious one. Here's the full story:

Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ark kab karm kate kcalc kcharselect kchart kcoloredit kcron kdebase kdebase-libs kdepasswd kdf
kdict kdm kedit kfind kformula kfract kghostview khexedit kiconedit kit kivio kjots kmail
knewsticker knode knotes koffice koffice-libs konqueror konsole kontour korn koshell kpackage
kpaint kpm kpresenter kruler kscreensaver ksirc ksnapshot kspread ksysv ktimer kugar kuser kview
kword libarts libkdenetwork1 libkmid libkonq3 libvorbis0 secpolicy xmmsarts

That looks pretty bad to me.

Am I mistaken?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin