Re: kde in "testing" ?

* Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 03:28:30PM -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
> > so KDE 3 went into testing about a week ago and will replace any
>
> Since when?  I haven't seen kde3 in sarge.

It's there, all right, and so is KDE2.  Don't try to install KDE3 from
scratch, because libsensors-1debian1 does not exist and most of the
rest of the setup depends on it.  There was a bug report cleared a few
weeks ago that should have cleared the matter up, but it looks as
though the maintainer has not been able to (has not had time to?)
debianise libsensors2.  The failure to install is classified
grave. (In the meantime, my kids are making do with icewm.)

Cheers

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast