Re: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 question

Jimmy Johansson wrote:
Hi,

I tried to do dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 yesterday expecting it to
create a new XF86Config-4 file, but it didn't. I moved the old
XF86Config-4 to my /home/<username> directory and ran dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86. Am I supposed to do something else?

I am asking because I want to try some different settings but I don't
want to do it by hand...

Thank you in advance.

/Jimmy

I have always more luck with X -configure
That will create a XF86Config.new in whatever directory you are running in.
I always do it as root, not sure if needed.

Hugo.