Re: modprobe question

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 15:30, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just dist-upgraded a sarge partition.
>
> Now the hid module for the usb mice will not load.
>
> If you do "modprobe hid" he says "cannot find keybdev which is needed
> by hid".

You're the one using backstreet-ruby, right...?

> I cannot find keybdev anywhere in the 2.4.22 kernel that I am using,
> except for traces in the documenation, but nothing in .config

keybdev has been removed in 2.6 IIUC, and since backstreet-ruby is a
backport of some console and input stuff, keybdev is gone.

The advice I got was to add
above hid usbcore
to /etc/modutils/local (or somewhere equivalent).

Basically, you don't need keybdev, but you have to tell your system
about it... :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--