Re: mailfilter bug?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:53:49PM +0800, Brian Walker wrote:

> I set up mailfilter in response to swen. I found that the ponly way to
> stop them was by limiting size. All other rules set in DENY or ALLOW
> seemed to be non-functional. In the end, I unset the size command, put a
> local rule for spamassassin in ~./spamassassin/user_preferences/local.cf
> for this:
>
> score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 10

Strange!  As an example the rules (amongst others)

DENY_CASE=^(FROM|^TO|SUBJECT)
DENY_CASE=^(From|FROM):.*(MS)
DENY=^From:.*(Microsoft)

did an excellent job here.  This was with REG_CASE=no and
REG_TYPE=extended.

> Now then - why were the .mailfilterrc rules unable to screen the crap?

You would have to reveal rather more information about what you had in
your .mailfilterrc to get a useful answer.

Brian.