Re: G550 and 3D acceleration

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 04:01, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 07:07:12AM -0800, moseley@hank.org wrote:
> > I try and take good notes setting things up, but all I have is
> > "doesn't work on secondary head".  My memory is that I saw a reason
> > why it doesn't work on the secondary head but my Googling isn't
> > finding that right now.  Oh, maybe it's because I'm using Xinerama.
>
> Correct.  No DRI on second head, means no acceleration on second
> head.  If you use Xinerama then you're not going to get acceleration
> on either head.

I just set up a local multi-user system using Backstreet Ruby and a
modified X server. I was actually able to run DRI on the primary head
by loading the DRI module, and then set
Option     "DRI"        "False"
on the second head (in the Device section).

I don't know if it'll work for people with a different setup, but it is
worth a shot.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--