Re: Periodic sluggishness in games

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 22:24, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

[snip]
> >>As a test, I tried playing UT from twm, with none of the Gnome stuff
> >>running. The same problem occurs. It appears to be kind of progressive:
> >>it's fine for a good while, then slows for a moment, then is fine for a
> >>shorter time, then slows, then fine, slows, fine, slows, et c.
> >

> > Have you tried any other games, like tuxracer?
>
> Nope, just these two. Would there be anything different about tuxracer
> that would help isolate the problem?

Well, it would give you another data point, from a slightly diff-
erent angle.  If it also acts up, you know something.  If it doesn't
act up, you also know something....

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"I have created a government of whirled peas..."
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002, CNN, Larry King Live