Re: mailfilter bug?

Ainsi parla Roberto Sanchez le 315ème jour de l'an 2003:

> csj wrote:
> > Before I file a bug report, I'd like to confirm the behavior I
> > describe below.
> >
> > I have in my my ~/.mailfilterrc a DENY rule for "^Subject:.*Test"
> > and ALLOW rules for "marssociety" and "marssocietynewsletter":
> >
> > $ grep -Ei 'test|marssociety' ~/.mailfilterrc
> > DENY=^Subject:.*Test
> > ALLOW=^To:.*marssocietynewsletter
> > ALLOW=^Reply-To:.*marssociety
> > ALLOW=^Subject:.*marssociety
> >
> > I found out this morning that an email with the word "Contest" in
> > the Subject was deleted by mailfilter (according to my log).  The
> > email also had "[marssocietynewsletter]" in the Subject and I
> > suspect, given the format of previous communications, also
> > "marssociety" in the Reply-To.  The email therefore should have
> > passed two of my ALLOW rules.
> >
> > Shouldn't the ALLOW rule (allow all emails with "marssociety" in
> > the Subject) take precedence over the DENY rule (delete all
> > emails containing with the word or word part "test")?
> >

> I don't know much about mailfilter, but it seems as though the
> rules are being applied in the order encountered.  You may need
> to move yoru DENY rule to a position after the ALLOW rules.
> Just a thought.

No. From mailfilterrc(5):

This keyword can be used to override spam filters i.e. to define
`friends'. A message that matches any ALLOW rules will not be filtered
or deleted. ALLOW takes a Regular Expression as argument.

(beside this, in my own .mailfilterrc, all "Deny" rules are above the
"Allow" rules).

Do you have any rules like "REG_CASE", "REG_TYPE" or
"MAXSIZE_(ALLOW|DENY)" set ?

--
  .,p**"*=b_   Nicolas Rueff
 ?P"  .__ `*b   Montbéliard  -  France
|P  .d?'`&, 9|   http://rueff.tuxfamily.org
M:  |}   |- H'   n.rueff@tuxfamily.org
&|  `#?_._oH'   +33 6 77 64 44 80
`H.   "`"`'   GPG 0xDD44DAB4
 `#?.	    ICQ 97700474
   `^~.

We are Penguin. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.