Re: G550 and 3D acceleration

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:52:54PM +0000, Piers Kittel wrote:
> Marc - here's the Quake 3 error on the G550:
> Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
> But works fine on the TNT2

Don't know a thing about Quake... Quake puts me to sleep.  Can't see it as
anything but a good thing that it doesn't work for you.

> Bill,  Fair enough, but it doesn't work on both heads, not just one.

You should get accelerated OGL on both heads.

> matroxfb: Matrox G550 detected
> fb0: MATROX VGA frame buffer device

Ewwwwwww... framebuffer.  Shoot immediately with extreme prejudice.  Large
caliber weapons.

> But then again, AGPART doesn't work:
> Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
> agpgart: unsupported bridge
> agpgart: no supported devices found.
> [drm:drm_init] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module.

Well gee, now you know why DRI doesn't work.  Provide support for your
GART.

--
 Marc Wilson |     "I don't have to take this abuse from you -- I've
 msw@cox.net |     got hundreds of people waiting to abuse me."  --