Re: mplayer, ogle, unable to play DVD

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 07:05:19AM +0800, csj wrote:
> Have you tried mounting a *DVD* on the DVD-ROM drive?  What's the
> console output when you try to copy a file off a DVD (some of the
> files shouldn't be copy-protected)?

Just as an aside... none of the files are copy-protected.  You can read all
the content all you like.  You just can't decrypt it without the key.

Which is why idiots claiming CSS is a piracy tool are exactly that.
Idiots.  You don't need CSS to copy a DVD.

Of course, we have morons from all over using it now to rip and distribute,
while whining about how all they actually want to do is be able to watch
their discs on Linux.  Such hypocrisy.

--
 Marc Wilson |     It looks like blind screaming hedonism won out.
 msw@cox.net |