Re: XMMS without X?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:31:56 -0800,
Tom wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:23:05PM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:01:33AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > >
> > > But you can't switch xservers on the fly, or can you (the
> > > OP doesn't want the music to stop)?
> >
> > That's another program: xmove.  But I think he was just
> > asking about running xmms without X.
>
> Thanks.  I have discovered MPlayer 1.0 pre2 plays flacs, so
> it's a good enough universal command line music player now :-)

While I'm an mplayer fanatic for most of my audio/video needs, I
find that as an ogg audio player, it's not quite up to par.
Among other things I can't seek reliably in an ogg file.  Not a
problem when playing jukebox music, but irritating when I need to
jump backwards or forwards in an hour-long recording like
http://www.archive.org/download/dn2003-1031/dn2003-1031-1.ogg