Re: fast swithichg between X and virtual console - how to?

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:54:33PM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:41:32PM -0800, Tom wrote:
>
> > I've finally discovered my own perfect working environment: Fluxbox w/
> > exactly virtual desktops, using the Mouse wheel to alternate them.
> > It repaints fast as FUCK plus it's all anti-aliased.  I'm sure I could
> > go even more minimal, but I like to call mine "minimal all graphical."
>
> Wow, I've never heard fluxbox described as minimal ;-)
>
> You may be interested in ion(-devel).

I pretty much use Flux like Ion (mostly no overlapping windows) except
for transient things.  I don't use vi or emacs so I'm not a fan of
extremely ecclectic interfaces (yet).  I tried ion,gnome,kde,enlightenment
but I keep finding Flux to be Baby Bear's porridge :-)