Re: fast swithichg between X and virtual console - how to?

Alex Malinovich wrote:
On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 11:20, Miernik wrote:

Switching between X and virtual console is very slow, (with Ctrl-Alt-F1, etc).

Is it possible to have it swich as fast as is switching between virtual consoles?

If I set exactly the same video mode on my text console and X (I mean resolution, timings, etc to be the same, one text and the other graphics mode of course) will it switch fast? It won't have to change video modes.

Or maybe if I install a framebuffer and run both text and X console through a framebuffer it will be fast?

Is there some reason you need to constantly switch to the VTs? Can you
just use xterm instead? That would make switching a lot faster. :)

More RAM?

Faster video card?

More RAM?

Faster processor?