Re: Source list help

Haines Brown(brownh@hartford-hwp.com) is reported to have said:
> > From: Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net>
> > > I've been following the thread with interest. While not the nearest
> > > repository, I appended the above lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list and
> > > as root ran: # aptitutde update. I get the errors:
> >
> > Network error?? Server down?
> >
> > I use more then one server for each dist for just that reason.
>
> Possibly, but to check, I modify the URL that always works for me
> (http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian) by changing its distribution from
> "woody" to "unstable" (checked to make sure the site does archive this
> distribution), and it still generates the error. And I go back and
> forth with several tries. So it seems that it's not network error or
> server down.

Well then, I don't know what the problem is.  Just checked my
sources.list and see that all entries using http.us.debian.org,
have been commented out.  So I checked
www.debian.org/mirrors/mirrors_full.html
and see this under its listing:
[Quote on]
Comment: Primary mirror cluster for the U.S., rotated via a DNS
round-robin.
Don't mirror from this round-robin, pick one of the servers that's
best for
you and mirror specifically from that one.
[Quote off]

So maybe thats why I have it commented out.  Can't remember as that
may have been many, many moons ago.  ;_)

Don't see anythhing about ftp.br.debian.org/debian tho.  Maybe they
were updating themselves??

--
The Queue Principle: The longer you wait in line, the greater the
likelihood that you are standing in the wrong line.