Re: Doom problems?

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:57:21PM -0500, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> Andreas Janssen wrote:
> >I can't say what exactly your problem is, but Debian comes with several
> >prepackaged Doom clones (for example lxdoom, prboom). prboom will also
> >allow you to run the game at higher resolutions.
>
> I'm somewhat wary of 'enhanced' versions of games. Do you know what
> changed? Is this actually Doom, or is it an 'enhanced' version with
> added features the developers thought would be cool?

Look at the changelogs / descriptions of the relevant doom packages.
Unless you need perfect demo compatibility (and since you are asking
these questions I doubt you do) prboom is as close to the original
experience as you can get, with some benificial bug fixes.

If you are interested, information on doom ports / levels etc. can be
found at http://www.doomworld.com/ .

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/