Re: Yahoo says I'm a Spam-o-Rama (via DynDNS)

    http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=96264

> My web hosting service, whose smtp server I use for my outgoing mail,
> says that it has nothing to do with blocking, but I should get in
> touch with the originating point, my ISP. My ISP says it has nothing
> to do with mail, but check with the hosting service that offers use of
> their smtp server.
>
> Does your comment suggest that my hosting service could in fact
> redirect mail I send to its smtp server so that it goes out under its
> own static address?

Following Colin's advice, you would configure your ISP's SMTP server as
a smarthost.  At least in the case of AOL mail.

> They may not be accomodating, but can this be done in principle? Would
> it overcome AOL's peculiar desire to block my address?

AOL is blocking your SMTP connection at connect time based on IP
address.  Presumably your ISP's mailserver isn't on AOL's blocklist.

Peace.

   Support the EFF, they support you:  http://www.eff.org/