Re: Going to give it another shot-need more help

Mark Healey wrote:
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:34:57 -0600, Kent West wrote:

This is more out of curiosity than anything else but is there a way to
check what features are incorperated into a running kernel.

Sort of. In /boot you should have a config file that matches your kernel. For example, I'm currently running 2.4.18-k7, and I have a file /boot/config-2.4.18-k7. This is the configuration file that was used to compile this kernel. It's not exactly human-readable, but it almost is :-) For example, here's the mouse section:

#
# Mice
#
CONFIG_BUSMOUSE=m
CONFIG_ATIXL_BUSMOUSE=m
CONFIG_LOGIBUSMOUSE=m
CONFIG_MS_BUSMOUSE=m
CONFIG_MOUSE=m
CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y
CONFIG_82C710_MOUSE=m
CONFIG_PC110_PAD=m

According to it, all the mouse drivers are compiled as modules, except for the PS2 mouse, which is built-into the kernel.

--
Kent