Re: exim .forward - mail in mbox format, not Mailbox format

----- Original Message -----
From: "BruceG" <bruce-lists@manygriffi.blogdns.net>
To: "Debian-User" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 6:04 PM
Subject: exim .forward - mail in mbox format, not Mailbox format

> Hey all,
>
>    Been playing with a .forward file for Exim, but am missing something in
> it's interaction with Courier. I created a .forward file in my home
> directory and did the "chmod go-wx .forward".
>
>    When I do a fetchmail, I see the new messages going in the right
> directory, but rather than a different file per message like Courier does,
> get a large file with multiple messages in mbox format. It's kinda
half-way
> there.
>
>    How do I specify the mailbox format? How do I make sure it's in mailbox
> format so my IMAP reader can read it? OE isn't seeing the new folders
being
> created.
>
> My .forward is here for your amusement:
> # Exim filter
> # Handle mailing lists
>
> if $h_to: contains "fedora"
>   then save Maildir/Fedora/
>
> elif $h_to: contains ale@ale.org
>   then save Maildir/ALE/
>
> elif $h_to: contains "squirrelmail"
>   then save Maildir/Squirrelmail/
>
> elif $h_to: contains "madwifi"
>   then save Maildir/madwifi/
>
> endif
>
> # If you didn't enable site wide Maildir
> # your users will need to have this catch all
> # entry, or it'll end up in MBox format.
> #
> save Maildir/
>
> # Done
> ------
>
> Also - I did not create the ALE, Fedora, or Squirrelmail folders. I let
them
> be created during mail processing.

Another RTFM for me. Urgh! I deleted the newly created mbox format folders,
then edited my .forward file. I had to put in an ending  / on each directory
name. Stuff is going in the right directories in the right format.

Outlook Express doesn't seem to recognize it, and just lumps stuff together
in my inbox - but the server shows them in the correct locations. Think I'll
try Evolution to see if it behaves differently.