exim .forward - mail in mbox format, not Mailbox format

Hey all,

   Been playing with a .forward file for Exim, but am missing something in
it's interaction with Courier. I created a .forward file in my home
directory and did the "chmod go-wx .forward".

   When I do a fetchmail, I see the new messages going in the right
directory, but rather than a different file per message like Courier does, I
get a large file with multiple messages in mbox format. It's kinda half-way
there.

   How do I specify the mailbox format? How do I make sure it's in mailbox
format so my IMAP reader can read it? OE isn't seeing the new folders being
created.

My .forward is here for your amusement:
# Exim filter
# Handle mailing lists

if $h_to: contains "fedora"
  then save Maildir/Fedora/

elif $h_to: contains ale@ale.org
  then save Maildir/ALE/

elif $h_to: contains "squirrelmail"
  then save Maildir/Squirrelmail/

elif $h_to: contains "madwifi"
  then save Maildir/madwifi/

endif

# If you didn't enable site wide Maildir
# your users will need to have this catch all
# entry, or it'll end up in MBox format.
#
save Maildir/

# Done
------

Also - I did not create the ALE, Fedora, or Squirrelmail folders. I let them
be created during mail processing.