Re: Cannot install, upgrade, remove, etc.

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 16:53, Papadopoulos Alexis wrote:
> Installing is impossible, whatever I do I mustn't need dpkg, it doesn't
> work. Now as for the copying files from somewhere else solution, it would
> be great but I have 2 problems :
> 1) I don't know where I could get those files
> 2) even if I did, as I said before if I try to replace one of the broken
> files, my system immediatly reboots (now I know why)
>
> Actually the more I'm thinking it, the more I feel in a dead-end...

I'd check for a h/w problem.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Thanks to the good people in Microsoft, a great deal of the data
that flows is dependent on one company. That is not a healthy
ecosystem. The issue is that creativity gets filtered through the
business plan of one company.
Mitchell Baker, "Chief Lizard Wrangler" at Mozilla