Re: Cannot install, upgrade, remove, etc.

Papadopoulos Alexis wrote:
Apparently the problem is somewhat bigger than that...
I just typed ls -l in /var/lib/dpkg/info
Here are the first lines :
ls: libidl0.postrm: No such file or directory
ls: bash.postinst: No such file or directory

<snip>

ls: klipper.list: No such file or directory
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error

Now I must say that I'm a little bit confused... How can that be ? This is
the origin of the problem but what is IT ?

Can that be that the files got corrupted or something like that ? Can I do
something to solve this ? Strange though, I'm using ReiserFS, are these
kind of things supposed to be avoided ? Oh, and if I try to replace for
instance xfree86-common.list my PC reboots immediatly!

Try "/usr/bin/ls -l"; any difference?

--
Kent