Re: setting hardware clock from NIST

ScruLoose wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:04:58PM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:

uhm... "apropos clock" on my box returns clock (3) - Determine processor time
  clock (8)            - query and set the hardware clock (RTC)
  hwclock (8)          - query and set the hardware clock (RTC)
... among others. Doesn't look like it's a RedHat thing.

... Will this work; is
there a better arrangement?

I don't know whether it's 'better', but I like chrony

Yep! Second that. I also use chrony and I like the "hands-on" approach of it. So I wrote a wminet that talks to chrony and keeps showing what chrony has done.

H.

for keeping the
time. It may be a bit of overkill, but it sure does a good job.

	Cheers!