Bind setup on Woody

Hi, Here's what I'd like to do. I've been fumbling with it for months and just can't seem to find resources out there that are easy enough to understand: 1. Configure BIND on a woody box so that it is the nameserver for a domain name I've registered. The domain is just parked with the registrar now. The BIND How-To baffles me, as I have just a single static IP address and all the config files in the How-To differ from the Debian ones. 2. I have the same woody box running Apache and I see the test page if I type my IP address in a web browser from a remote location, but of course, typing the domain name goes to the parking page. Am I right to think that doing #1 correctly above is what will associate my domain name with my IP address? 3. I actually have several domain names and would sort of like to host all of them on this one box. I vaguely understand that i want to do "virtual hosting" but don't know how to implement that. 4. This woody box is behind a D-Link 614+ Router that includes a firewall. If I try to do virtual hosting, what if anything about its configuration should change? 5. I'd also like to have this same woody box handle mail for these domains (they get very little), perhaps qmail. This is a recently purchased box with new hardware, lots of memory and processing speed, etc. But am I starting to push my luck making it serve all these functions? Also, I don't know how to set up qmail. 6. Even worse, I want it to run a MySQL database or two, so that one or two of the domains can run Movable Type blogs. And, you guessed it: I don't know how to set MySQL databases up either. Pointers to clear resources, explanations on the list, and prayers for enlightenment are all welcome. Thanks.
Brian